Sunday, April 22, 2012

I- Home - Real Estate File Retention Guidelines


I-1 Agents / Brokers This location contains general and contact information about real estate agents and brokers. The most updated information should be kept here, with outdated information deleted regularly.

I-2 Appraisals / Surveys In general, Real Estate Documents should be kept until the property is sold or otherwise disposed of.

I-3 Contracts / Closing Documents In general, Real Estate Documents should be kept until the property is sold or otherwise disposed of.

I-4 Deeds / Titles In general, Real Estate Documents should be kept until the property is sold or otherwise disposed of.

I-5 Home Improvements Records related to Real Estate or Home Improvements should be maintained until the property is sold or otherwise disposed of; Then, transfer to (M-4) Tax - Current Year Tax Deductible Records.

I-6 Leases (Real Estate) Until the end of the lease term.

I-7 Mortgage Documents Original Mortgage Documents should be kept until the mortgaged property is sold or otherwise disposed of.

I-8 Services & Repairs This location contains records for any services or repairs related to your home, and may include landscape / grounds maintenance, simple home repairs, etc. These records should be maintained until contracted work is completed to satisfaction.

  • For Records related to Real Estate or Home Improvements, see (I-5) Home Improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment